I won at tribunal. How long until I get my backdated payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won at tribunal. How long until I get my backdated payment?

Options
Tambo88
Tambo88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey guys! Basically I had to go through the appeal process for my pip claim.  They knocked me down from 11 points to 4.  So I challenged it all the way to the tribunal and won. Got 13 points with daily living component enhanced rate and motability enhanced.  The tribunal was on Thursday 13/05/21 and I received word from citizens advice that same day I had won my case.  One week later dwp called on Wed 19/05/21 to check my bank account was the same.  They said the payment was being processed and I will be paid straight away,  and that the money would be in the following week. My pip day was always a Tuesday but still no payment. I was under the impression that bacs payments took  3 working days to clear. Has anyone got any advice on what to do. Is this Normal or does it usually take weeks to receive backdated money. I'm just really confused as it was dwp who said I will be paid.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It varies. All you can do is keep checking you bank account and/or ring DWP again. Possibly they are checking with DWP Debt Management to see if you have any benefit debts to pay off.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Most BACS payments take 3 working days but they can take up to 5 and that’s after the payment has been sent, it may not have been processed yet. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.