dla car tax exemption certificate seems to either pass me on or is no longer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dla car tax exemption certificate seems to either pass me on or is no longer

Options
jongit29
jongit29 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in Transport and travel
i am finding it impossible to obtain a exemption certificate,every dwp number i ring is either unable to deal with this or is not in service.has anyone else had this experience,and how did you overcome.
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @jongit29 - & welcome to the community. As the link below states, this Certificate of Entitlement should be sent automatically if you receive the higher rate of the mobility component for DLA. Altho the phone numbers are for getting a new Certificate if lost, etc. perhaps they may be more helpful.
    Hope this helps, & kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, when you where awarded your DLA benefits a certificate was included with your award notification letter informing you of your entitlement to reduced or zero rate car tax. It states on the certificate to keep safe as this certificate will be needed for future use. You may need to contact the DWP and ask if a duplicate exemption certificate can be sent if your entitled to one.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are suposed to send a new certificate every 12 months but I have always had to phone and ask for it 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jongit29 and a warm welcome to our community.

I wondered if you'd had any progress with your exemption certificate since you first posted?  I hope the replies helped and you've had some luck.

I've also moved your thread to our Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring category to help others in the future who have the same question.  Best wishes and hope to speak again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.