Had my tribunal tday they have said they want my medical records I’m worried now — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my tribunal tday they have said they want my medical records I’m worried now

Options
anniefannie
anniefannie Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Had my tribunal tday they have said they want my medical records I’m worried now

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Try not to worry they do sometimes request medical records so they can make the right decision 
  • anniefannie
    Options
    I feel so stressed out feel like I av failed it 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @anniefannie
    Just a question as I've never appealed before /been to tribunal don't we have to provide medical evidence etc at tribunal stage? Sorry just trying to get as prepared as possible before I get dragged down that route!! What kind of thing do they ask you for? Or do they not ask you for any of it and spring it on you later?
    Sorry for hijacking your post and making it about me! Just interested for future reference.... And I'm sure they are asking for the medical records that's probably a good thing at least they are looking into it properly ??
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    They certainly didn't ask for any medical records at the assessment stage! :disappointed:
  • anniefannie
    Options
    I had got all worked up shaking being sick the lot with nerves and they rung me up and was on phone for 10 min said we av 200 odd pages to read after I had sent wat they asked for them he said save me looking at all this I will send u a letter take it to ur doctors to fill out I was so upset why couldn’t of they said that before x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope that has cleared it up for you now @anniefannie. How are you feeling now? Any less anxious?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • anniefannie
    Options
    No I’m just panicking tbh r medical records do they show up every time u speak to a doctor 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.