If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment tomorrow. Will they go by what I said in my form, or additional letter I sent?

Options
kaishalewis
kaishalewis Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys sorry its me again pip assesment tomorrow and im a nervous wreck anyhow… i filled out my form with minimal info on it i then sent a letter which went into a lot more detail about my conditions and how they affect me my question is will they only go by what i wrote on form or do you think they will take into account what i wrote on letter as well? I have copy of the letter for me to refer to tomorrow x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi guys sorry its me again pip assesment tomorrow and im a nervous wreck anyhow… i filled out my form with minimal info on it i then sent a letter which went into a lot more detail about my conditions and how they affect me my question is will they only go by what i wrote on form or do you think they will take into account what i wrote on letter as well? I have copy of the letter for me to refer to tomorrow x
    They will look at everything you send them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    Perfect thankyou xx
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    @kaishalewis I just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you will be fine :smile: all you can do is tell the truth and I'm sure you will get the right support! Xx
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    Thankyou i just hope they gove me the chance to say what i need to x
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    I phoned them the ither day an asked how long roughly it wld be and the lady said they had a cancelleation for tomorrow so worht asking if they have cancellations x
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    carebear41 thankyou i will post after it tomorrow its at half eiigjt in morning x
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 576 Pioneering
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow @kaishalewis. At least it’s an early one, so it’ll be done and dusted.
    I made notes, so I had it to hand to refer too.
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    thankyou will post on here once its done x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    thankyou will post on here once its done x
    Yes, please do let us know how it goes. Best of luck
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    Thats it all done guys have feeling it wont go in my favour but guess time will tell. Will phone in few days for copy of my report and will update ylu when i get it thanks for all your support xx
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    What will be will be i guess cant di anymore for now but keep fingers crossed will post my result when i get it x
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    That's awesome hun! It's far from easy taking that call! But it's done now u can relax about that at least!
    I didn't bother getting copy of report but lots of people do get one :smile: I'm glad I didn't now though because I got a no (hence me doing MR now?) and if I'd of got the report in advance it would of been an extra week of being peed off for me haha but that's how I roll!
    At least if u have been recommended for enough points to get pip u can kind of relax about getting a no as its unlikely (not impossible) they normally tend to go with the report from what I've seen on this forum anyway?! 
    But today just for now its all positive because that dreaded call is done and out the way so you can finally try and get back to normal  if there is such a thing lol :smiley:
    I don't think we people in general give ourselves enough credit for actually doing these things we find so bloody hard? We are always seemingly judging ourselves negatively for the stuff we struggle with or can't do instead of looking positively at what we have done no matter how difficult? Plenty of that but I myself definitely forget to remember about them lol! So us doing the assessment is huge in itself! So fair play hun!
    Have a fab day (flipping hot here melting lol) :sunglasses: xx
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    ThankyouEmilyb81 said:
    That's awesome hun! It's far from easy taking that call! But it's done now u can relax about that at least!
    I didn't bother getting copy of report but lots of people do get one :smile: I'm glad I didn't now though because I got a no (hence me doing MR now?) and if I'd of got the report in advance it would of been an extra week of being peed off for me haha but that's how I roll!
    At least if u have been recommended for enough points to get pip u can kind of relax about getting a no as its unlikely (not impossible) they normally tend to go with the report from what I've seen on this forum anyway?! 
    But today just for now its all positive because that dreaded call is done and out the way so you can finally try and get back to normal  if there is such a thing lol :smiley:
    I don't think we people in general give ourselves enough credit for actually doing these things we find so bloody hard? We are always seemingly judging ourselves negatively for the stuff we struggle with or can't do instead of looking positively at what we have done no matter how difficult? Plenty of that but I myself definitely forget to remember about them lol! So us doing the assessment is huge in itself! So fair play hun!
    Have a fab day (flipping hot here melting lol) :sunglasses: xx
    Thankyou just worrying now that i messed up cant wait till nxt year when the scottish government take over for pip they have vowed to make it less stressful for us lol cloudy here so not melting yet x
  • Emilyb81
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I know I kept  reading articles about how much easier it will be and got excited then realised it was only in Scotland lol :smiley: hopefully or maybe we will follow suit? :smiley:
  • kaishalewis
    Options
    You never know lol x
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.