If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Was told LCWRA backdated money will be used to pay off debt. Debt management haven't heard anything?

Options
northernsoul89
northernsoul89 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was awarded LCWRA after winning my appeal. They sent a letter on Thursday in my journal saying they owe me money and the amount I’m owed. However it says after this - As you already have an amount to pay back, we may use this money to recover some or all of your debt.

I have not been issued any payment and after ringing and sending messages on my journal they would not give a me an explanation on what the next step is so I’m completely in the dark. I contacted debt management who I owe 1.3k too but they said nobody from UC contacted them. Are they holding the money to assess what amount to take off ? 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    They send it to debt management to see if anything needs to be taken off. If they haven’t been informed yet as you indicate above, then all I can say is UC are just busy and are still to send it across. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.