For the descriptors to apply, can prompting be done over the phone? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

For the descriptors to apply, can prompting be done over the phone?

Options
amyflood245
amyflood245 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
For the pip descriptors to apply can prompting be done over the phone? Or does the person have to physically be with you. 
 Thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm not too sure how it would be viewed but no harm in mentioning it 

Only problem I see is yes they can prompt but they are not present to ensure the prompt has been acted on 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for answering Mike didn't see your reply at the time I commented 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes @amyflood245  I have family remind me regularly in texts or calls to make sure I've taken medication or eaten, drank water, got dressed if possible that day? And that's one thing they did award me some points for was needing prompting for some of the descriptors? ?  :smile:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.