PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long do you wait for decision on p.i.p

NeryspowlesNeryspowles Member Posts: 5 Listener
How much longer do you think I will have to wait regarding my p. I. P assessment 

Replies

• Emilyb81Emilyb81 Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
    When did you apply? I mean it's not really something that can be guessed because it seems to be different depending on many things so no way of telling? Some people have it in a couple of months others have been waiting since last year? It's all taking longer right now due to covid backlog :disappointed: sorry! Hope u r OK! And hope u have people around you to support you through the whole process because it can be hard work all the waiting and not knowing? Good luck @Neryspowles hope you get answers soon!! 
  • skhan95skhan95 Member Posts: 57 Listener
    I was gonna ask the same thing when did you applied ? :-)
  • skhan95skhan95 Member Posts: 57 Listener
    I have applied for PIP too
    Actually I have called them on the 8th of April then they sent me a form on the 21st of May I send them back on the 9th of June 
    But daily I'm telling my mind that I have to wait at least more 2/3 months to hear back anything because of the back log... if everything sorted early then this time I will be lucky but still keeping my patience level high :-) 
  • rubin16rubin16 Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Hi Guys,

Just to put in perspective I applied for Pip at the end of Novemeber 2020, and only last week been given an telephone assessment for this coming Friday. So in total I've been waiting 7 months / 31 Weeks to get an assessment from the time of applying.

Also DWP have started stating that it take roughly 10 months to fully complete a PiP claim due to coronavirus but this depends on the area and who does your assessment. But just be prepared for a long wait with no contact from DWP till they give you that assessment.
Sign in or join us to comment.