Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I've been awarded LCWRA. Will I get an additional amount backdated for 3 month waiting period?

garfield2010garfield2010 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 26 in Universal Credit
hi all I’m looking for advice please I’ve been awarded lwcra  think that’s right  Abbreviation
from 9th March 2021 my assessment period is from 24th to 25th  if that makes sense I’m told I get additional amount from august 2nd but does this get back dated for the three months waiting period ? Thank u for yr time 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there

Congratulations on the award

No the waiting period isn't paid you get payment from the 4th month after reporting the condition 
  • garfield2010garfield2010 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    thank u some people say it is some say it’s not so confused 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    I can assure you the first 3 months are not paid I claim it myself and there are lirs if posts about it on here with advice from other too 

Have a read of some of them in recent discussions or uc section 
  • garfield2010garfield2010 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    As u can tell this is all new to me .. thank u for yr help 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,038

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @garfield2010 :) Thanks for joining, and for posting your question. I hope that Janer1967's post has cleared that up for you. 

Just to let you know, I've renamed your post a bit and moved it into our category for discussions relating to universal credit.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,217 Pioneering
    hi all I’m looking for advice please I’ve been awarded lwcra  think that’s right  Abbreviation
    from 9th March 2021 my assessment period is from 24th to 25th  if that makes sense I’m told I get additional amount from august 2nd but does this get back dated for the three months waiting period ? Thank u for yr time 
    The reason it's called a waiting period is because you don't get paid the extra LCWRA element during this period.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.