How long do you have to wait for a uc50 assessment? My son applied in September and is still waiting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do you have to wait for a uc50 assessment? My son applied in September and is still waiting

donnaR123
donnaR123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
how long do you have to wait for a uc50 assessment. my son applied sept 20 and still waiting for an appointment. any help much appreciated .

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

That is a long wait have you tried to chase it up 

However you are not the first to say that there are massive delays but I would call or put a note in his journal mark it payment or service query then his case manager should see it 

Let us know how you get on 
  • donnaR123
    donnaR123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you janer1967. Yes keep calling and told on list and get no response on uc journal.  They are quick to Sanction you if you don’t respond to their questions. Just such long to wait. I’m sure he is not alone in this wait.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I know unfortunately that is the price of claiming benefits 

Some people get their local mp involved it didn't help me but others have said it did for them 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    To be clear - your son has had the UC50 and returned it in September? 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.