New to ESA. I have a phone appointment with a Work Coach tomorrow. What will it consist of? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

New to ESA. I have a phone appointment with a Work Coach tomorrow. What will it consist of?

sharonbetty
sharonbetty Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I applied for ESA on 15 June backdated to 9 June. I have been give a phone appointment with a Work Coach from the Jobcentre tomorrow morning and wonder what this will consist of. How much detail of my medical condition would I be expected to give at this stage? Am assuming it's not the full assessment at this stage. Thank you.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,533 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It will just be a routine interview like all applicants have 

Have you submitted a fit note if not I would get one 

They will just discuss your application mainly 
  • sharonbetty
    sharonbetty Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes I submitted a Fit Note when I applied thanks. I want to be prepared to answer questions but need time to think about the answers! Hopefully these won't be too detailed

• Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 7,528 Scope online community team
    Hello @sharonbetty

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

The questions shouldn't be anything that catches you out, it will probably just be mainly about your application as Jane says, 

Good luck
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.