PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is it worth challenging standard rate mobility?

gildenelgildenel Member Posts: 16 Connected
edited July 6 in PIP, DLA and AA
My daughter is in receipt of pip and has the enhanced rate for care but the standard rate for mobility even though the assessors report states that she suffers from overwhelming psychological distress when travelling, is it worth challenging this? I know there is the chance of losing her whole claim. But she has been in receipt of pip since she was little, I was advised by a consultant to claim it. 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,646 Disability Gamechanger
    The chances of totally losing what you have are hideously overstated on Internet forums. Most people who challenge awards stay the same or gain. If you lose everything that will only ever be down to not understanding what it was you were doing in the first place; not being entitled or sheer carelessness/incompetence. No-one on a forum can assess the specific risk in your case as we don’t and can’t have the full facts. What we can say is go look at the specific descriptor you think she qualifies for and then get advice before you do anything like contact the DWP.
Sign in or join us to comment.