If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Using most if not all my PIP for social care charges

aagirl84aagirl84 Member Posts: 6 Listener
To whom it may concern, if anyone has any advice about social care charges and how unfair it is to spend money on below par social care, pay bedroom tax, rent other bills and survive, already appealed to my council,  to no avail, worried I may be threatened with charges, interest 


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,043 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    What interest and charges are you worried about 

    Maybe get some debt or financial advice from somewhere like step change 

    You can also ring your bill provider and ask if you can put a payment plan in place 
  • aagirl84aagirl84 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hiya @janer1967, done the whole CAB , StepChange useless! Plus still appealing but won't get anywhere lol! Thanks anyway 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,393 Disability Gamechanger
    Stepchange are a debt charity that have helped many many people, I think it's unfair to label them as "useless"

    @aagirl84 welcome to scope.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Girl_No1Girl_No1 Member Posts: 98 Courageous
    @aagirl84 welcome to Scope.

    Is PIP your only source of income?  Have you tried an online calculator to see if you are entitled to any other support?   

    Btw, I agree with @woodbine, I know a few people who have benefited from seeking help from CAB/StepChange. 

    As a rule, I would  encourage anyone struggling with debt or rules/procedures being unfairly applied to them to reach out and obtain appropriate support as soon as possible. 

Sign in or join us to comment.