Have my appeal on Friday. I sent evidence off on the 9th, but they haven't confirmed receipt of this — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have my appeal on Friday. I sent evidence off on the 9th, but they haven't confirmed receipt of this

TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. I wonder is this normal?
I have my Appeal via video link on Friday 23rd this week. I sent off evidence (medical & a enecdotal) on 9th of July but I have not been notified that they have received it yet. No phone call, no text. Usually they send a letter.
What should I do? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Where did you send it was 8r to dwp or tribunal court 

There are huge delays in post being scanned onto the dwp system which needs to happen before they will say that it has been received 

Have you kept copies you can refer to 

May be worth a call to them but doubt it will get you very far 
  • TeddyB22
    I remember the form I sent off with it, it stated on that to send the evidence to the Clerk Of The Appeals. That's who I addressed it to. The form was basically asking me to notify them if I was going to the appeal & if I had representation. 
  • janer1967
    That will have gone to the court then so they should have it for your appeal 

That is probably why you haven't had a text 
  • TeddyB22
    I hope so. I'll bring copies on the day just incase.
    Thank you for your advice. 
  • TeddyB22
    *update*
    Would you believe a letter confirming they have received the evidence just came through the door this minute? 
    They cut it fine. 
  • janer1967
    At least you can relax now knowing they have it 
  • TeddyB22
    Yes, I just hope it's enough. It's been over a year and the evidence is 5-6 months old but I'm hoping they'll understand with Covid and such. Just can't wait for it to be over. I had mobility taken off me at a supersession last year so I know they can be harsh.
    Got to think positive. 
    Take care. 
  • janer1967
    It doesn't matter the evidence is dated then as the tribunal will only take into account how your condition was at time of assessment 

That is because that is the decision you are appealing 

Good luck for your tribunal and let us know how you get on 
  • TeddyB22
    Will do. And thank you. 
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
  • TeddyB22
    affii1993 said:
    @TeddyB22 any update
    I'm due to go to a tribunal tomorrow. I'm paying my brother to take me. If he let's me down which he has done in the past I'll have to pay hundreds of pounds to get a taxi there which would be awful for my anxiety. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.