I've been awarded LCWRA. Has anyone else experience delays with hearing about back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA. Has anyone else experience delays with hearing about back pay?

seanalex1234
seanalex1234 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Looking for advice on Limited capacity for work or work related activity

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seanalex1234 :) Welcome to the community! Thanks for joining, it's great to have you on board.

I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to Universal Credit. Did you have a specific question about LCWRA that you wanted to ask? This might help us to give you the right kind of information :)  
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • seanalex1234
    Hiya!

I received a letter dated Saturday stating that after my assessment I had be granted the extra benefit.

It informed me that if I was due a back payment I'd receive notification within 7 working days.

Today is the 4th working day and although there are still technically 3 to go I am worried I still haven't heard as normally these things are quite quick in regards to informing you.

Was wondering if anyone has had any problems waiting on back payments from the DWP.

Thanks muchly!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Lots of members have queries about this and most are waiting a few weeks rather than the quote 7 days 

Dwp have huge workload and backlogs 
  • seanalex1234
    No problem, my work coach was able to tell me a back payment was being processed on Monday but there was no mention of any potential back log.

Thanks
  • seanalex1234
    Even if it takes longer than the quoted 7 days should I still be expecting a letter notifying me of when my payment Is due and what the figure will be?

I expected some sort of update after 5 working days.

Thanks 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

Yes you will get a letter in your journal that is what the 7 days you have been advised about is that you should be informed of any monies owed 

But as explained before they are currently not meeting that timescale 

You will be notified you just need to be patient unfortunately 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.