Hi, my name is flower234! Fed up with how long lockdown restrictions have been going on — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is flower234! Fed up with how long lockdown restrictions have been going on

Options
flower234
flower234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Unfortunately I won’t be listening to the lockdown and angry rules again if it gets exsposed  fed up with it now it’s gone on to long  despite vaccine  I won’t be taking vaccine again all my activity’s will be stopped again like swimming and youth. Iv have a job now last 2 jobs stopped due to lockdown last year and I won’t be working from home as well beacuse I’m working by self  I know I should’ve be selfish but just fed know disability hate changes to my routine carry on with life as normal

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @flower234 :) Welcome to the community.
    I won’t be taking vaccine again
    Have you already had two doses of the vaccine? Is this in reference to your second dose, or the possibility of a booster dose in the future? 

I think a lot of people have been feeling frustrated as a result of lockdown restrictions, but it's important that we try and slow the spread of the virus to protect people who may become seriously unwell. 

I'm glad that you've managed to find a job. That's no small feat in general, let alone in the current climate! Have you been told about the process of going back to your place of work, rather than working from home? Or have you been working outside of your home for the whole time you've had this job?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sure its fair to say that many of us have been "fed-up" with lockdowns, but I dread to think what would have happened without them, many people have had their normal activities curtailed, but most of us have tried our best to get on with our lives.
    At least now we are seeing some sort of light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not just another train coming.

@flower234 welcome to scope, how are you today?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,434 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
        I have been shielding and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It's been very boring but I'm still here, double jabbed and happy that I can finally see my family. Extremely thankful for all the others that have kept me safe and  I would do it all again if I had to.
  • woodbine
    Options
    The recent direction of travel for new infections is very slightly downwards, however that doesn't include what's in the pipeline from this week with "freedom day".
    Time will tell, but i'm a glass half full sort of person. B)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This week alerted me to the fact maybe we should not be celebrating freedom day yet 

I've taken my son put of school last 2 days his year of 90 pupils was down to just 15 who were not isolating or had covid 

I didnt want the risk, they no longer wear masks in school 

This is the highest number of pupils isolating in his school at anytime while they have been at school,  also non are vaccinated 
  • woodbine
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    This week alerted me to the fact maybe we should not be celebrating freedom day yet 

I've taken my son put of school last 2 days his year of 90 pupils was down to just 15 who were not isolating or had covid 

I didnt want the risk, they no longer wear masks in school 

This is the highest number of pupils isolating in his school at anytime while they have been at school,  also non are vaccinated 
    Hopefully they will now get round to vax 12-18 year olds during the school holidays?

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Contact's FAQs on children and the vaccines is quite a good resource for understanding the recommendations around vaccinating those aged under 18 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,434 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
        I gave it till October before we had restrictions in place again...hmm... maybe the end of August. It seems like it's one big Covid party reading the news, oh well another lockdown looms me thinks  :/
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the rules are relaxed now we will back in lockdown  by Xmas in wales cases are rising  because people are ot due to the nice weather 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some parents are refusing to have their children vaccinated 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.