Relieved my PIP assessment is over and glad I got over my fear of speaking with the assessor! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relieved my PIP assessment is over and glad I got over my fear of speaking with the assessor!

Options
mookie
mookie Community member Posts: 51 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone ,
Had pip assessment on Tuesday ,lady seems ok ,only took half an hour !
Just glad it's over with either way I'm glad I got over my fear of speaking to them 
Thanks for all your help 

Comments

• effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Hi mookie
    Glad your assessment wasn't as painful as you thought it would be. Hopefully you'll get the result you want. Good luck
  • mookie
    Options
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello @mookie

Aaaaand relax...  :)  I can definitely relate to that feeling of 'phew, thank goodness that is over' and we all have our fingers crossed for the expected outcome.  I find sometimes the lead up to events we are anxious about can be worse than the 'thing itself' and you should be proud of yourself for speaking up and applying for what you are entitled to.

I've tweaked the title of your thread so our members know what it relates to and wish you all the very best.  If you could keep us updated, that would be appreciated.  Good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • mookie
    Options
    Thank you so much I will keep you posted of any news ,lady said about 8 weeks ,xx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mookie - & well done on getting through your PIP assessment. I join the others above in wishing you the outcome you hope for. And, yes, please do let us all know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • mookie
    Options
    Will do and thanks ,blood works fine after Lt ,but body just aching all the time 
    Thanks for your support xx
  • xjamesx
    xjamesx Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Hi @mookie, glad to hear your assessment went well, mine took hour and 10minutes going through everything, I requested my assessment report yesterday, had mine on 12th July so just awaiting game now, I also got advised 8 weeks waiting time for decision, please keep us updated with outcome.
  • mookie
    Options
    Ok I will , good luck with your results I didn't ask for a report totally forgot ,never mind ,hope for good outcome ?
  • xjamesx
    xjamesx Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    @mookie once you receive text message from dwp that they've received the report, you can ring them and request it like I done.
  • mookie
    Options
    Ok I did know that , thank you I will ring them when I receive text 
    Great advice ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.