I've been placed in the LCWRA group, am I entitled to other benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been placed in the LCWRA group, am I entitled to other benefits?

Options
Jlee
Jlee Community member Posts: 40 Listener
I am currently on uc and waiting for my 3 month assessment period to finish what other benefits am I entitled to I am on lcwra  end of Sept 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again 

It all depends on your circumstances 

Try a benefits calculator so you can enter all your information you can find one on gov website 

Do you claim pip at all which is a separate disability benefit 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
  • Jlee
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi again 

It all depends on your circumstances 

Try a benefits calculator so you can enter all your information you can find one on gov website 

Do you claim pip at all which is a separate disability benefit 
    I have put my claim in the same time has work capability but I ain't heard anything so phoned them they said it's with capita and takeing up to over 2 months so again takeing it September time then once made a decision can be also 8 weeks lol
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Other benefits might be Personal Independence Payment and Council Tax Reduction. Depends on circumstances.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Jlee said:
    I have put my claim in the same time has work capability but I ain't heard anything so phoned them they said it's with capita and takeing up to over 2 months so again takeing it September time then once made a decision can be also 8 weeks lol
    Unfortunately benefits take time to be reviewed, assessed and decisions made, they also have to be processed in line with regulations, add to that the lack of staff, resources and the pandemic, it’s just a waiting game I’m afraid. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pip claims are taking an estimated 10 months to complete 

Some are quicker depends on backlogs in the area but I wouldn't rely on a quick process 
  • Sheree_8
    Sheree_8 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    Options
    If you have broadband/telephone. You may want to consider look at BT. As they recently brought out a new package for ppl on UC called BT Basic Essentials. I just transferred to package. And have no issues 
    Sheree
  • Jlee
    Options
    I don't use a house phone only my mobile 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.