Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Is it illegal to receive assessors report before award letter? Will change of circs get backdated?

Options
Maddison69111
Maddison69111 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all just a quickie so put in for change of circumstances, got my assessment report back today ,looks like I'm getting higg rate care and still no mobility, so I rang pip up man was lovely over phone and said decision not made yet but yoir assessment report as been looked at and it says for us to up the rate ,so good news he says ,I said by how much he said roughly £120 month ,which h is obviously higg rate care ,but then he said if not happy with award when it comes then I can go for mandatory consideration, bu other thing was he said we cannot send you your assessment report until a decision as been made ,but I was sitting there with mine in front of me it arrived today he said it was against the law ,so how does that work out, could I also ask any back date will that go from date of phone call to ask for form or date of them receiving it ,I did ask him but he was unsure any help much appreciated, 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You can have your assessment report before decision is made 

If no decision has been made then don't know how he can say you are getting extra money 

I would disregard anything he has said and wait for decision 

You will be backdated any additional payment to date you reported the change 
  • Maddison69111
    Maddison69111 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi thank you for response ,I have also just reread my report and on mobility, I scored 4 points which I no I'm not goong to get awarded for ,but it say from assessor on medication as had physiotherapy in past ,higher descriptor considered ? Then it say however as not had hydrotherapy or acupuncture etc, so I'm wondering why she said higher descriptor considered and what does this mean ,thanks 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    It just goes to show these call handlers will say anything to be fair. 

He was probably basing the fact you will get more money on the basis that your report is recommending a higher award for the care element, though bare in mind this is only a recommendation. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not sure but it could mean to consider higher points if there is other evidence to take into account 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.