Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Lack of sleep due to overactive stoma
I have a perminent ileostomy due to my crohn's disease and it has been overactive the past few days and has leaked 3 days in a row at night. I've been up since 3am and it has leaked twice this morning. I always seem to have problems with it at night and can't remember the last time I had a full nights sleep.without needing to change it or empty it at night. Not forgetting the constant washing, changing of clothes and bedding.
I wondered if anyone else has an ileostomy and has similar struggles?
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 40 Games room
- 423 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 611 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 818 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.