Received assessment report and scored 24 points for daily living. Am I entitled to high rate? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received assessment report and scored 24 points for daily living. Am I entitled to high rate?

Options
cmax2021
cmax2021 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have went through the discriptors and I have scored a total of 24 points for daily living. Do you think I should be entitled to high rate daily living activities?

Received assessment report and scored 24 points for daily living. Am I entitled to high rate? 0 votes

Telephone assessment
0% 0 votes
Pip
0% 0 votes

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    If you have scored 24 points and the decision maker goes with the HCPs recommendations, then yes, however you will need to wait for your decision letter. 
  • cmax2021
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not sure what the poll is for ? And as Mike says not knowing anything about your health means we can't make educated comments.
    As Mark says if the DWP DM goes with the HCP then 24 points for DL would mean an enhanced rate award.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cmax2021 :) Just to explain a little further
    Check what the daily living scores mean

If you get between 8 and 11 points in total, you’ll get the daily living component of PIP at the standard rate.

If you get at least 12 points in total, you’ll get the daily living component at the enhanced rate.

Check what the mobility scores mean

If you get between 8 and 11 points in total, you’ll get the mobility component of PIP at the standard rate.

If you get at least 12 points in total, you’ll get the mobility component at the enhanced rate.

(Citizens Advice)

However, as the others have said, you'll have to wait for your award letter to see what you've been awarded. Would you be happy with the daily living component at the enhanced rate?

P.S. You can start a discussion without having to put a poll by using the '+ new discussion' button at the top of every page, or the 'new discussion' button above the 'new poll' button on the right hand side of the page :) 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • cmax2021
    Options
    Hi there, phoned pip today and a decision has been granted today I have been awarded high rate daily living. Does anyone know when I will receive my first payment. Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.