Weird symptoms for the past 3 days — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weird symptoms for the past 3 days

Options
rubin16
rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 563 Pioneering
Hi,

I quit smoking weed on Thursday last week after smoking heavily for 2 years and have been having strange symptoms the past few days. I would smoke as soon as I woke up all day to the point I went sleep. I have crohn's disease, gilberts syndrome autism and schizophrenia too. I also have a perminent ileostomy.

I keep getting bad painful cramp all over my body, and everytime I move I get cramp. I feel really weak and breathlessness and everything is tiring me out. I feel like I want to sleep all the time. I feel really hungry too but when I try to eat I don't feel like eating and feel terrable afterwards and then I am sick and feel better again. I'm constantly thirsty and have a dry mouth, but I'm drinking lots and even drinking too much to the point i'm sick again.

I know some of these symptoms are me withdrawing, but some are concerning me like the cramp all over my body and wondered if anyone had any idea what this might be.

Thanks.
I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @rubin16, sorry to hear of what you are going through. It seems a complex medical picture. I can imagine that you need a lot of mental strength to deal with it all. 

Well done for wanting to stick to a healthier approach. Has anyone advised you about possible withdrawal symptoms?

<moderator removed - medical advice not permitted on community> I hope that the GP will support your efforts to give up on a substance that has been proving to be harmful to you?
    Wishing you all the best. 
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @rubin16

As previously posted, you need to seek the support of your GP.

I have posted a link for what support is available from the NHS.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/drug-addiction-getting-help/

Keep us informed.

Best wishes
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @rubin16

Well done on making a decision to stop your cannabis use if you felt it wasn't beneficial for you.  I realise it can't have been easy, so keep talking to your friends on the community as we're all here to support you.

I think with the underlying conditions you have it'd be wise to speak with your GP/respective medical teams asap to make them aware of your physical symptoms and get their input.  Unfortunately as we aren't medically trained we wouldn't be able to offer the professional expertise needed and there might be other questions that should be asked and routes of support they could offer.

If in the meantime, if you begin to feel significantly worse, make sure to get the advice of NHS 111 and/or call 999 as is appropriate.

Take care and keep us updated with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 563 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies,

I spoke to 111 earlier and managed to get a telephone appointment with my GP which I just spoke to. My GP said the most common cause is lacking electrolites as I have an ileostomy so I'm constantly craving and losing salt and minerals. So need to have a blood test tomorrow to see if I need anything or lacking in anything. In the meantime though he just said to try take alot of salt and to see if that helps.

My other symptoms are probably due to withdrawing as I've been a heavy user for some time, so my body has gone into shock and I should start to feel better after a few days. But I needed to quit as I was losing grasp of reality and was starting to affect my mental health, not mentioning the finanical side. (Expensive habit)

Thanks for all your help.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.