Received text in July my PIP2 form received. When do I find out if an assessment is needed? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received text in July my PIP2 form received. When do I find out if an assessment is needed?

Options
jellybean84
jellybean84 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, I'm new hear, and looking for any advice please, the middle of may, i did my first part of my PIP claim, received my " how your disability effects you " sent that back, had my text to say, they have received it, and if i have to have a assessment they would be in touch... That was july my question is, how long does it take them to work out if i may need a assessment or not... My illness is mental health related and also not doing well with handling foods or eating correctly. Pretty bad anxiety and depression. Could it take weeks or months for them to say i need a assessment? I was very detailed in my report and gave them all my info and who ive seen regarding my issues. I'm just real stressed because ive not hear anything since. Anyone having the same problem or do i just wait. I feel a burden if i call with an update. Ive never called would they even tell me anything anyway? Thanks for reading 

Comments

• annie4
    annie4 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options
    They recieved my form in January and I only had my assessment 2 weeks ago so I waited 5 months for before I heard again 
  • jellybean84
    Options
    Thanks for replying annie4... And have you heard back yet if you was aware pip or still waiting... I guess covid has completely slowed everything down... I'm just so stressed as i find it real hard to leave my house so if i have to go for an assessment maybe someone could come to me or by phone. I really don't know how it all works but im stressing now as its been only a few months now but i guess its just the nornal waiting times.....i hope you are well 
  • annie4
    Options
    Mine was over the phone lasted about 40 mins I received my report last week but no decision yet as I rang once I received it to add my comments tbh the person I spoke to had no idea what one of my conditions was and every section of my report said cam drive so can do this task fine I'm unsure why she thinks I drive everywhere as she asked if I had a licence which I said yes but for getting around told her 80% of time I rely on taxi and friends the 20% I do drive it's to local shop when I spoke to my case worker I said I don't think they understood my illness as when I go to hospital or doctors and tell them 90% have never come across anyone with it or heard of it. With covid it's a very lengthy process but u can ring to check the staff are usually really helpful I have found 
  • jellybean84
    Options
    Did you request a phone assessment? Or did PIP offer that do you mind me asking? And that's sucks they didn't have a clue on your condition, and surely even if the doctors or hospital have never heard of it, will help with that. So its been a week for yourself and still no update, and i just don't want to be a mess if i call and ask if there's an update my sister helps me with things like that, I'd probably have a brake down but i feel abit better that you said they are helpful i mite have a coffee and give them a call then ?  also i hope you hear back soon and its a positive outcome 
  • Christina872
    Christina872 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi I have complex ptsd also I applied for pip in January I sent the size of a big book to the doctor I also have to have surgery on spine so I had a pip assessment last week waited for the call after an hour I called them they said they tried well they blooming did not they then sent it back to dep so I complained so now am waiting ? 
  • annie4
    Options
    No pip are mainly doing phone assessments because of covid still I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and it was still been decided if I was entitled rang back yesterday she said still no decision so it's just a waiting game now. If u do ring u could be waiting over half hour to get through so be prepared hope it goes well x
  • annie4
    Options
    No don't think it will help them not knowing as I say for all mine she put can drive so can do this task not sure how getting dressed compares to driving but according to assessment it does they did say all the comments I added to the report will be taken into consideration so just have to wait and see 
  • jellybean84
    Options
    Hi christina872, so you was also due a assessment by phone and they didn't call you.. But said they did, that's not good at all, I'm just working out how this site works, but also read another story of someone waiting on there call and it was a no show, it comes to something when they are only doing half a job, because they think they can... I'm sorry that happened to you... What now? Another appointment? Or wait to hear about your complaint you made... And annie4 i don't think i am haha im just super anxious now reading some of the stuff on here i don't feel brave enough atm and my uncle has a car on DLA he passed off lung cancer in april but he definitely could drive before they new he had it, and he had full allowance he had a pacemaker in and he had problems with hes knees but was very able to drive x so fingers crossed for you x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello to all of you waiting for an PIP assessment. Due to the over whelming applications for PIP there are hundreds still waiting for assessments from 2020 so depending on where your assessment Center is and their backlog your wait will and could be a lot longer than usual. Be patient your turn will come and and award monies will be back dated to your application date.
  • Christina872
    Christina872 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi Wilco yes I’ve waited since January they lied saying they had called me then they sent back to dep I’m not the only one they’ve done this too.
  • jellybean84
    Options
    Hi all, i received a call from a lovely lady last Thursday 12th/08/21 and said to keep an eye out for a letter to come threw the post for a telephone appointment in the next few weeks, i told her that made me feel so much better due to me, not doing very well leaving my house. Also annie4 have you heard anything back from pop now? 
  • feet1st
    feet1st Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    jellybean good luck with your appointment, I posted mine back in early July after ringing and starting my claim in May, so not expecting my appointment anytime soon, they have received everything and it’s all scanned in fingers crossed ? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's a fact that because of the ongoing situation and the massive back-logs new PIP applications are still taking upto ten months, some won't be that long but many will. The good news is if you get an award it will be back-dated.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 539 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome to the community,

It took me 9 months altogether from starting a pip claim to receive it, I applied in Nov 2020 and got awarded middle of July 2021. PIP is so stressful, I should of been on PIP most my life but never applied for it before as the process always put me off I did used to be on DLA when I was younger, but ignored it when it switched to PIP as it was too stressful at the time.

I hope you hear back soon but just be prepared for a long wait. DWP estimate it takes upto 10 months currently for claims but it varies on your area and how busy it is. There are different types of assessments you can have Paper-based, face to face, telephone or over a video call. They are starting to redo face to face assessments again, but I'm sure if this is too stressful you can request another assessment.

All the best.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    I applied in March (1st application) and my Assessment is tomorrow, I am in Glasgow area

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.