Anat Baniel Method for children with special needs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anat Baniel Method for children with special needs

Options
linseyworgan
linseyworgan Community member Posts: 3 Connected

Hi all, wondering if any parents in Essex/ East London are familiar with, or ever wanted to try ABM (Anat Baniel Method) with their children. I have used it in the past with my son who has Cerebral Palsy and brain damage and it’s been great for him, but there are so few practitioners in the country that it’s hard to access. I spent years and a small fortune on PT for my son to try to get him to pull himself to standing, whereas after the first session of ABM he started doing it unaided. He was also much more cognitively switched on and I saw some unexpected gains elsewhere too.  (Removed by moderator, advertising is not allowed on the community)

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @linseyworgan

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

I'm glad that that treatment has worked for your son, that must be very pleasing for you as a parent. 

Unfortunately I have had to remove part of your post due to it containing advertising and a link to somewhere that offers paid products / services, I realise that you will have shared this with the best intentions however our community house rules state that such content is not allowed on the community.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.