i woukd like a job with people who are disabled like me when i am older — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i woukd like a job with people who are disabled like me when i am older

Options
Rita04
Rita04 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in Work and employment
Hi my name is Rita i am 13 yeaers old i have cerebarl pasly i would like a  job with disabl when i am older and i was wondering weather you could point me in rhe right direction email me back on [Removed by moderator - contact details] please thank you very much from Rita

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the community 

It's good that you are thinking about your future but you are a bit young yet 

Things change so quickly in the job market it won't be the same when you are old enough to work 

I would advise you speak to your teachers and career advisor as you get closer to leaving education 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rita04 :) Welcome to the community!

It's great to have you with us, and it's also really good to hear that you're thinking about what you'd like to do in the future already. 

What kinds of opportunities are you looking for at this stage? Volunteering could be a good way for you to boost your CV, find out what you enjoy, and make new connections. Is that something you've considered trying out? 

As Janer1967 has said, your school may be able to help you identify some opportunities for volunteering or work experience, as well as explore the specific career paths that are open to you. Is there anyone at your school you could speak to about this? 

Just to let you know, we've removed your contact details from your post as we don't allow personal details to be posted here on the community as is outlined in our house rules. This is for the safety of yourself and others. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.