Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Am I entitled to back payment? It was a new claim in March 2019 and they're still looking into it

Options
manda289
manda289 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I've been on unversal creadit esa since March 2019 I've handed in sicknote from the Dr every month just been passed on medical which put me in the support group I'm I entitled to any back payment money as they said there r looking into it and may take a while to get back intouch just my mind boggled and sending my strees levels through the roof I didn't even no I was entitled to back pay as it was a new claim in march 2019 thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you any idea why it has taken so long to have an assessment? If you applied in march 2019 the process should have been completed long before COVID arrived to disrupt things.

For example, were you earning anything when you first claimed. If your earnings were more than 16 x NMW/week then that would have prevented you being referred for an assessment.

If there is n't some reason for the delay and it's just a procedural error that has delayed things then you should be entitled to the LCWRA element from the fourth payment after you claimed (so probably July 2019 payment onwards).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • manda289
    manda289 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have no idea I kept asking the work coach about my assessment and all I kept getting was you get one shortly didn't receive the form till August last year to fill out and then all I kept getting of jobcentre staff was there is a back log then I finally passed my assessment but thanks for your reply 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully then you will get it fully backdated to July 2019 - and if not, ask why not and challenge it if necessary.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.