Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Stoney316uk21! I was refused PIP. What more evidence can I provide?

Options
Stoney316uk21
Stoney316uk21 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have frontal lobe damage from a motorcycle accident and suffer headaches,tremors in hands and eyes,spasms in legs and back,disorientation,brain fog,personality flips,suicidal depression and anxiety memory loss Tried claiming pip but got refused and zero points on everything .they just dont understand how all this affects us and our families.with the pandemic too trying to get support isnt happening.i have councilling and on meds and letters from my gp and neurologist but that isnt good enough evidence.what more can i provide if i cant get the support or help.
HOW FAR DO I GO BEFORE I DO SOMETHING STUPID

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,473 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Stoney316uk21 welcome to the forum, sorry to read about your pip appeal, you can appeal it. 
    Its good that you are having councilling, hope its helping.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Stoney316uk21 :) Thanks for joining the community, and for being so honest in your first post here.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about everything you're going through at the moment. It sounds like a lot to handle, and I hope that the community can be a good source of support for you. Many of our members experience conditions such as depression and anxiety, along with physical conditions that affect their daily life, so you're in good company.

I'm about to send you an email from community@scope.org.uk to see if there's anything we can do to help, so please do keep an eye out for that.

I was sorry to read that you were rejected for PIP, and that this has clearly affected you. How long ago were you denied PIP? Did you submit a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)?

If you haven't submitted an MR, I'd definitely encourage you to do so. Many applicants find that personal evidence helps them to demonstrate why they should score points, rather than all of the weight being on medical evidence. Are you able to think of some examples for each descriptor you think you should score on that demonstrate what you're unable to do and so on? The additional information at the bottom of this page on the Benefits and Work website may help you to better understand what terms like 'reliably', 'safely' etc. mean, which should also help you to focus your evidence.

If you feel as though you could do with some additional support, you could use advicelocal.uk to find expert benefit advice in your area, or get in touch with Scope's helpline

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Stoney316uk21
    Options
    Hi folks .
    Yes i did a mandatory but was rejected on that too.then tribunal was meant to be a face to face but they rang me instead..alot went on and put me on my jacksy for a week or so .but all i keep hearing is pip are aiming at mental health (how can you get support and diagnosis with covid going on) none of them listened thats when my personality switches and i get aggresive but i dont know i have as my perception changes too.i did complain to capita but they shrugged it off and told me my word against theirs "no recording" ive lost hope in the system now .the councilling is because i NEED closure from the accident .all this started after and once i get closure or at least a diagnosis of whats going on i can move on accordingly rather than just waiting on nothing .
  • Stoney316uk21
    Options
    I have requested it just waiting .its been over a yr now and to add to it my wife is physically disabled we have a 12yr old autistic child with sensory issues amd me .im my wifes carer they threw in how can i be a carer if i have my own issues ..easy my family comes first before myself .
  • Stoney316uk21
    Options
    I understand it but when pushed i loose it then i fog out then lose my temper i just feel they either ridicule or dont believe me .i told them come live with my head see how you deal with it .
    Just got our mp on it now too.
  • Stoney316uk21
    Options
    I didnt realise representation could take the weight .thank you its made me feel a bit better .i just have to find some representation .now ..any ideas ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better @Stoney316uk21 :) mikehughescq linked to advicelocal.uk in one of his pervious comments, which is a good place to start. Have you had a look on there? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Stoney316uk21
    Options
    Hi again folks just an update .had a pleasant day today helped the community at our local nursery school with installing a tv system for them made me feel great .my new pip claim has gone to assesment but going to be a phone call again .(not letting it get into my head) and finally going to be assesed for ptsd which will help me bring some sort of closure to me knowing what has been going on for almost 6 years now .i never used to talk about what goes on in my mental state but knowing there are genuine people who listen and dont judge and do give an honest view and help with no strings made me feel positive in one way or another .so THANK YOU to all .
  • Stoney316uk21
    Options
    The claim form i filled in was online this time and had a better layout inc. Mental health even citizens advice hadnt seen a layout like it .
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.