Hi my name is River i am a single parent with a little boy with high functioning autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is River i am a single parent with a little boy with high functioning autism

Options
River
River Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi my name is River i am a single parent with a little boy with high functioning autism

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @River :) How have you been getting on? Have you been able to make a trip out with the kids yet? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • River
    Options
    Hi Tori
    Yes only once in 4 weeks took me 2 days to pursuade my son just to go to mcds then we came home havent been out since. Getting depressed as its really starting to effect my other kids i dont have anyone at all to help out. My son doesn't even want to go out to park so others miss out got another 4 weeks of holidays to go think im gonna go crazy. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do your other children have friends who they could go out with, such as a going on a trip to the park @River? I'm sorry this is affecting you all so much.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • River
    Options
    Hi Tori no they dont as soon as i have said in school playground to other parents that i have a child with autism when weve been chatting we are then blanked seriously like they darent let there children play together plus we cant let anyone know our address for safety reasons 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.