Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

I have partial vision, dyslexia, dyspraxia, depression and anxiety. I work fulltime. Can I get help?

Options
Adeblue13
Adeblue13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2021 in Work and employment

Hi My name is Ade i have just joined the group as looking for advice please. I am 29 and work full time in the NHS. I have partial vision on my right eye due to being born early. I also have the learning difficulties Dyslexia and Dyspraxia and Anxiety and Depression. I have managed all my life with little/no help and struggle occasionally. Even though I work full time is there any help out there for individuals like myself please? If so what type of help please?
Thank you for reading my message.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,907 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adeblue13 good evening and welcome to scope, how are you today?
    As far as help at work is concerned you should talk to you HR dept. with help from your union.
    Financial help could be avaliable from PIP which is a non means tested benefit payable to those in or out of work, and is based on your care and/or mobility issues.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

What sort of help are you looking for 

Advice on employment or any support with reasonable adjustments or something different 

There are also a lot of 9ther members who can help 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,147 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Adeblue13 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. As mentioned above, if you could say what sort of help you're looking for, then our members may well be able to advise further. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,506 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A big welcome to the community from me too @Adeblue13 :) As the others have said, there are a few different areas of support out there, so please do let us know what it is you're looking for help with. 

Are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 

I've moved your post into our employment category for now, and renamed your post so that other members can find it more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Adeblue13
    Adeblue13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi Thank you
    for your answers. I did have help for my mental health but it’s stopped now I am still on medication. 

As far as help goes I was looking at what help I could get in general as I don’t drive due to my eye sight and things like that I work full time so I guess it would be difficult. Just like getting on the property ladder is. Thank you for reading my message.
    Adrianne 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.