Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip award letter

Options
karen1812
karen1812 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
Hi all wonder if someone could help me out please. Brian today got his award letter enhanched for both living and mobility the letter says ongoing award from March this year and will next be looked at July 2031 to see if anything changes or we report any changes does that mean he has the award for 10 years? Also there is a bit in the letter that says about free car tax from March this year can someone also explain what that means 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Karen 

Yesterday gas 10 year award bur if you report a change that will trigger new assessment process and new decision so I would just leave it be as he can't get any higher award 

If his condition improves that is your decision if you tell them but ethically you should 

You are entitled to free car tax you can claim back if you have renewed or wait till next time it us due 

Take the certificate you have been sent I think you have to do it at a tax centre though 

He may also get blue badge see your local council website for details 
  • karen1812
    karen1812 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    Options
    Hi janer1967 we already have blue badge I am going to leave it as the award was lot more than I thought going to claim car tax money back but we are going to get a car on mobility as my car isn't big enough for his wheelchair and shopping lol also had got half price tv licence xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.