When will I get Pip backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

When will I get Pip backpay?

natalieholland2k21
natalieholland2k21 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 17 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I got a phonecall today to say that I will be recieving my pip claim at last after 9 months of trying .. I was just wondering if anyone knew when I would get my back pay from them at all?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,274 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Pip back pay can take few weeks there are no fixed timescales 

However you might find you get it before you get your award letter as they are released at same time and clears quicker in your bank than the post 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • natalieholland2k21
    natalieholland2k21 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou. Okay I'll just keep an eye on my bank then. Do they give u back payment from when I claimed which in my case 10th Jan? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,274 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you get backpay to when you first applied 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • MadeInTheUK
    MadeInTheUK Member Posts: 20 Connected
    I got my backpay before I got the letter confirming I had been awarded PIP. It was a day of utter joy! This huge chunk of money in my account. Sadly that 18 months ago and it was quickly gone paying all my debts. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.