When will I get Pip backpay?
natalieholland2k21
Community Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I got a phonecall today to say that I will be recieving my pip claim at last after 9 months of trying .. I was just wondering if anyone knew when I would get my back pay from them at all?
0
Comments
-
Hi and welcome to the community
Pip back pay can take few weeks there are no fixed timescales
However you might find you get it before you get your award letter as they are released at same time and clears quicker in your bank than the post0 -
Thankyou. Okay I'll just keep an eye on my bank then. Do they give u back payment from when I claimed which in my case 10th Jan?0
-
Yes you get backpay to when you first applied0
-
I got my backpay before I got the letter confirming I had been awarded PIP. It was a day of utter joy! This huge chunk of money in my account. Sadly that 18 months ago and it was quickly gone paying all my debts.
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 16.4K Start here and say hello!
- 7.7K Coffee lounge
- 122 Games den
- 1.8K People power
- 189 Announcements and information
- 25.8K Talk about life
- 6.2K Everyday life
- 436 Current affairs
- 2.5K Families and carers
- 885 Education and skills
- 2K Work
- 630 Money and bills
- 3.8K Housing and independent living
- 1.2K Transport and travel
- 679 Relationships
- 1.6K Mental health and wellbeing
- 2.6K Talk about your impairment
- 885 Rare, invisible, & undiagnosed conditions
- 948 Neurological impairments and pain
- 2.3K Cerebral Palsy Network
- 1.3K Autism and neurodiversity
- 41.7K Talk about your benefits
- 6.2K Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- 20.6K PIP, DLA, ADP & AA
- 9.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 5.4K Benefits and income
