Hi, I'm Curtisp! I’m disabled and have a council house, can I get help decorating it? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Curtisp! I’m disabled and have a council house, can I get help decorating it?

Curtisp Community member Posts: 4 Listener
If I’m disabled and have a council house do I get help decorating it 


  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Curtisp and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you today?

    When you ask about help, do you mean in terms of covering costs or the decorating itself?  If you could give us a few more details, that would help us to better help you :)

    Also - just to note, I've moved your thread into our Housing and independent living category and amended the title to show your question.  Take care and I hope you have a fab rest of the day.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Curtisp
    Curtisp Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks very much for your reply. I have MS and epilepsy and recently had a hip replacement. I’m looking for help with cost to do up the council property. Thanks very much for taking the time to read my post x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    There isn't usually help towards cost of decorating unless it is when you first move in and the place is in a bad state 

    Try and see if there are some local charities that may help 
  • Curtisp
    Curtisp Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    It is in a bad state like big cracks in the walls. I’ll phone the council to see if there is anything they can do. Thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,780 Disability Gamechanger
    Cracks in walls are normal, unless they are extremely wide cracks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    When I moved in my place I got 150 pounds towards paint and wallpaper etc they give folk a decorating fund when you  first move into place here 
  • Curtisp
    Curtisp Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi all my friend is going to do the decorating for me and we just have to work with a budget. The cracks are big and wide and council are coming to check them out. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.