Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is Etr_78! I need some advice about my benefits
Hi everyone...I first had my disability Assestment on 03/05/19...then they havent given me 15 points to get(i got slipped discs,depression issues and have pip mewnhile) ,so i appealed against it and Her majesty court found me LCW in 07/05/20,then also recommended DWP not to reasses me for a year period,but after few weeks of decision by Her majesty court ,DWP rang me for a assestment....i then reminded the person on phone about decision by court decision saying they shouldnt reassess me for 12 months,by the time decision given,so,he said i should better accept it,i said its ok..then i had it on the phone.i was ,after sometime,a month or bit longer,DWP started paying me for LWCRA,but when i was asking for backdated,they kept saying ,i was found LCW since i was on UC ,but ,meanwhile i kept giving my sicknotes all the time,till her majesty court ruled i was LCW ,then i got a message from jobcenter saying i dont need to provide sick notes anymore...so DWP says im not enttitl;ed for backdated amount,but i think i should..need some help and advice ,thanks
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 135 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 514 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 687 Autism and neurodiversity
- 816 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.