Hi, my name is johnbean! Can we claim Carers Allowance? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is johnbean! Can we claim Carers Allowance?

johnbean
johnbean Community member Posts: 1 Listener
We are a house hold of 3 disabled people can we claim careers allowance? For each of us individually?
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Hi,

You need to be claiming a disability benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance for someone to be able to claim carers allowance for looking after you. 
    It also depends on what other benefits, if any that each of you claim or whether you’re working. 
    You haven’t given enough of information for anyone to advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @johnbean

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. 

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your discussion over to our Carers Allowance category, and tweaked the title so that other members know the subject of your query.

Have you taken a look at the eligibility criteria for CA? You might find the information on this CAB page to be quite useful in helping to work out entitlement, in addition to the comment above of course.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You should also be aware that if either of you are claiming a Severe Disabiltiy premium in another benefit, if someone claims Carers allowance or the carers element of UC for looking after you then the SDP will end. This is why i didn't put a link to carers allowance.
    If you don't want to give more information about each of your circumstancers then you should all get a full benefits check from and advice agency near you. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.