Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
When will my backpay be paid?
Hi, I got the decision on Wednesday last week (22/9/21) that I am owed some back pay. I went for my health capability assessment in March last year and I was approved for this. However at the time I was in a joint claim with my ex partner. In June last year, we split up, and because my claim changed to a single claim I never received any of the health and capability money. So I'm owed all of the money from this. I was told by my case manager that once the decision makers have approved the decision, that the money should hit my bank account within 7 days. I'm not sure how true this is, which is why I'm writing to this forum. Is it worth chasing up every week until I get the money I'm owed? As I was told by this person that I'd receive my money by the 29th of September.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 936 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 635 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.