I've been diagnosed with severe degenerative facet joints , osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been diagnosed with severe degenerative facet joints , osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia

Options
bardoeblonde
bardoeblonde Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I am 64 and quite fit until the last 2 years running half marathons etc. I have recently been diagnosed with severe degenerative  facet joints , osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia I also have pain from my hips from an old fracture and osteoarthritis throughout.
I started contributing to scope a while ago never thinking that I would need their services myself one day even if it is advice. For the last week I have pain everywhere and finding it difficult to walk especially today and I decided to look up any help I could get on managing chronic pain even with pain meds. 
I was surprised to see so many having to deal with chronic pain.
I applied for a blue badge and received it within a week which is a great help. However the pain is distressing so maybe someone else can advise me.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options
    Hi @bardoeblonde and a warm welcome to the community! I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling with a lot of pain - have you been referred to a pain management clinic? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @bardoeblonde :) It's great to have you with us. 

Firstly, thank you so much for contributing to Scope. It makes a huge difference in helping us achieve our goals!

I'm sorry to hear that the pain has been difficult to deal with recently too. I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to dealing with chronic pain so that you can connect with other members in a similar position. I've also renamed your post so that members with the same conditions can find your post more easily. We have plenty of members with these conditions, so I hope they'll be able to offer you some advice and support.

It must be difficult to adjust to receiving these new diagnoses, and experiencing new symptoms. We've heard other members compare the feeling to a feeling of grief, in that they feel as though they've 'lost' some aspects of their previous life. Is that something you've felt? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.