Can my boyfriend claim carer allowance for caring for me? Would this affect him working full time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can my boyfriend claim carer allowance for caring for me? Would this affect him working full time?

Options
skhan95
skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
Hy i want to ask can my boyfriend claim carer allowance for caring me I get high rate of pip daily living nad has been awarded with Lcwra 
He doesn't have British citizenship he have visa 
Kind regards 

Comments

• skhan95
    Options
    He work full time but we do not live together be come daily to help 
    Is he eligible if yes then his work will effect or not ? Thanks:)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    HI,
    To claim Carers allowance you must not earn more than £128 per week so unfortunately, he won't be able to claim it. See link.
    Also, even if he wasn't working full time, because he's not a Bristish Citizen, if he's subject to immigration control then he won't be able to claim it. (see link for this also)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skhan95
    Options
    Ok that make sense thank u so much for your response:-)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.