PIP (CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP (CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES)

keeleypatchett
keeleypatchett Community member Posts: 35 Connected
Hi ? pip have had my change of circumstances form for 7 weeks now I telephoned today to check on the progress ? the gentleman who I spoke to said it had been with the case manager since 20th August and that I should hear something by the end of the week whether I've been awarded full rate with just my medical evidence or whether I need an assessment. My anxiety ? as shot through the roof I'm scared I've been sick. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I've waited a while I suffer with fybromyalgia, CFS,Anxiety and depression ?
Does a CM usually have your forms from the start I'm scared if its bad news and my money gets stopped 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    HI,
    7 weeks is no time at all and it's likely that your file hasn't even been sent to the health assessment providers yet. Backlogs are huge so i would expect you to be waiting at least several months, maybe longer. Most people have assessments, which are still mostly through telephone. Paper based assessments are rare but can happen.
    Your last thread was only 10 days ago asking a similar question. I know it's very difficult but please try to relax because there's nothing more you can do at the moment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • keeleypatchett
    Good morning all just to let you know I had my tribunal hearing last Thursday they did the hearing without me which was good. The outcome of the hearing is good news and ive been awarded enhanced on both components I am extremely pleased as it's taken so long and my anxiety as been bad. Thank you all for your support in all what I've been going through I really appreciate it 😊 
    Ps does anyone know how long I'll now have to wait for it to get sorted? The appeal tribunal said I'll receive my letter this Friday 19th August 😊
  • poppy123456
    Good news. It can take around 8 weeks, sometimes longer to pay what they owe you and put your award into payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fantastic news @keeleypatchett I'm so pleased for you :) Well done for getting through it all. 

I hope you're able to relax and/or celebrate this week, and hopefully the payment you're owed will make it's way to you in around 8 weeks as Poppy says. 

Let us know how get on, and congratulations again!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • keeleypatchett
    @poppy123456 @Alex_Scopei wouldn't of done it without your support thank you 😊 and thank you for the information 😊 
  • keeleypatchett
    @Teddybear12
    Thank you so much 😊
  • keeleypatchett
    I telephoned pip today 24/08/2022 to see if they've received my tribunal letter as was advised to phone. Pip said they've got it and working on the back payment 😊 so hopefully shouldn't be much longer as I am in real need of a car 
  • poppy123456
    I telephoned pip today 24/08/2022 to see if they've received my tribunal letter as was advised to phone. Pip said they've got it and working on the back payment 😊 so hopefully shouldn't be much longer as I am in real need of a car 

If it's a mobility car then you could potentially be waiting several months maybe longer, once the order is placed.
  • keeleypatchett
    @poppy123456 yes it is but I can't order it until my letter arrives. All that pip said today was they're sorting out my back payment 
  • poppy123456
    You need Enhanced mobility to join the scheme and yes, you need your PIP award letter.
  • keeleypatchett
    @poppy123456 thats what I've passed for Enhanced mobility. I am waiting on my back payment also as the motobility place requires an Advance payment 
  • poppy123456
    @poppy123456 thats what I've passed for Enhanced mobility. I am waiting on my back payment also as the motobility place requires an Advance payment 

The advance payment doesn't need to be paid until you collect the vehicle, so that will give you some extra time to save some money without needing to use the money that's owed.
  • keeleypatchett
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for that information only I was told by the dealership that I needed to pay on the day of choosing so I will query this now. Thank you so much 
  • poppy123456
    You were informed incorrectly. I'm on my 3rd motability car and have never paid the AP on day of placing the order. You have until the day you collect the car. Confirmation of my advice is here.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.