Pip - timeline — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip - timeline

Options
Stacy87
Stacy87 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I thought I would add my timeline when applying for PIP. 

18th May - Requested pip form
15th June - They received form
14th Sept - Had assessment
27th Sept - Requested copy of report
29th Sept - Received the report
6th Oct - Received phone call from DWP to say I've been awarded PIP and that the backdate payment will be in my account in the next few days.

Comments

• winterson6023
    winterson6023 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Very similar.  
    28/4 applied.  
    16/5 got form 
    27/9 had assessment 
    28/9 got text received assessment. 
    29/9 requested copy of assessment.   Shows 8 points care 12 mobility.  
    3/10 received copy assessment.  

Currently awaiting decision.  

I would like to ask one thing please.  Did you assessment match your award.  So did you get the exact points your assessment recommended or advised?    
  • Stacy87
    Options
    @winterson6023

The assessment recommended standard daily and mobility for 18 months.
    My actual award was for standard daily and enhanced mobility for 2.5 years.

It was a very nice surprise! 
  • winterson6023
    winterson6023 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Stacy.   That’s good to know.   At least a chance of being increased etc.  
  • tanbang
    tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    I have my pip phone assistant today 
  • Stacy87
    Options
    @tanbang hope everything goes okay
  • tanbang
    Options
    Hi I just finished my telephone ass going through it all made me feel teary the assessor was nice on the phone amd I tried to answer the questions to my best I now wish I said more but when your on the phone it’s difficult to say everything you want it’s like when you go see your gp I had my notes with me and I still managed to miss things out that I wanted to say to her. She said I hear back in 8 weeks so I guess I just wait will it be 8 weeks ? Or is that just a time scale 
  • tanbang
    Options
  • leeh098
    leeh098 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    Very similar.  
    28/4 applied.  
    16/5 got form 
    27/9 had assessment 
    28/9 got text received assessment. 
    29/9 requested copy of assessment.   Shows 8 points care 12 mobility.  
    3/10 received copy assessment.  

Currently awaiting decision.  

I would like to ask one thing please.  Did you assessment match your award.  So did you get the exact points your assessment recommended or advised?    

I didn’t know you could request a copy of the report so soon, Maybe I should call them, I had my assessment last week.

• leeh098
    Options
    Morning all, Does anyone know if I could call DWP to request a copy of my pip report, Bearing in mind I only had my assessment last Wednesday, Thank You.
  • Stacy87
    Options
    @tanbang that's great.

You should be able to call DWP in a few days and ask for your assessment report. That will give you some idea of what you may receive. Just bare in mind, they do not always go with the assessors report. 
  • tanbang
    Options
    Do you have the number please ? Shall I leave it a week before I seal them for a report or 
  • Stacy87
    Options
    @leeh098 Yes, you can normally request it a few days after your assessment. I received mine a couple of days after I requested it. 
  • tanbang
    Options
    Sorry this is a silly question so today I had my assessment and in 8 weeks I hear back then what will happen I’m new to all this 
  • leeh098
    Options
    Stacy87 said:
    @leeh098 Yes, you can normally request it a few days after your assessment. I received mine a couple of days after I requested it. 

Thank you, I will call them today and hopefully I should receive it soon, im rather anxious of not knowing ?

• leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Do you have the number please ? Shall I leave it a week before I seal them for a report or 

0800 121 4433  This is the Pip Enquiry line.

• leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Sorry this is a silly question so today I had my assessment and in 8 weeks I hear back then what will happen I’m new to all this 
    You should receive a letter telling you how much points you scored for each category, And if they can pay you PIP based on the evidence and assessment, You could call and ask for an update I guess this is the Enquiry line number 0800 121 4433
  • leeh098
    Options
    leeh098 said:
    Stacy87 said:

Thank you, I will call them today and hopefully I should receive it soon, im rather anxious of not knowing, I have been refused in the past, But I have recently been diagnosed with Autism.
  • tanbang
    Options
    Thank you both 
  • tanbang
    Options
    We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I just received this text so can I get a report now but I only had the appointment this morning 
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I just received this text so can I get a report now but I only had the appointment this morning 
    I’m not too sure if they could send it out the same day, You could always call and enquire,  I called today and they sending me it out, I had my assessment last Wednesday.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.