When will I get my first payment of lwcra?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get my first payment of lwcra??

Options
Flowers1704
Flowers1704 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Just wondering if anyone would know when I would get first payment of lcwra? I rang uc today and couldn't really tell me much just that I've been awarded lcwra from when I put my first sicknote in on the 18th June 2021 and she would get my case manager to check this for me. And will I get it backdated? Because I aint got a clue how it works?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,044 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    HI,
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim. When your extra money starts from exactly will depend on the dates of your monthly assessment periods and the exact date you reported your health condition. Based on the very limited information you've given then it would be paid from either October or November.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Flowers1704
    Options
    Its awarded from first sicknote 18th June and my assessment period is from the 4th of the month to the 5th of the following month
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do you mean 5th - 4th of month, rather than 4th- 5th. Ether way this means that you reported your health condition in the July/August assessment period, therefore you will receive your first payment for the LCWRA in the November payment. No backdated money is owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Flowers1704
    Options
    Haha yeah 5th to 4th and  I reported my health condition 9th of June and put in my first sicknote 18th june
  • poppy123456
    Options
    First payment is still November. This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already has the LCWRA element because you can only receive 1 LCWRA per claim.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.