Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
finally getting the cataract surgery even though I've got epilepsy!!
Posted here a couple of weeks ago about needing cataract surgery but doctors think it's too dangerous because I have epilepsy, NHS would do it with a general, feels like a sledge hammewr to crack a nut, but I tried another private hospital which has treated me well before. Yes, hooray!! He did question me thoroughly, but agreed a general's too much, and that I can stop seizures by taking Diaz. And I only went this Thurs to ask for an appt, given one Fri,, unbeleivable, it'll cost but I don't care, being private they made a better eye exam finding out that I have some strange membrane as well as cataract affecting vision, it's difficult to remove so he's leaving it till I get rid of the cataract. Hooray again!!
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 135 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 514 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 687 Autism and neurodiversity
- 816 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.