finally getting the cataract surgery even though I've got epilepsy!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

finally getting the cataract surgery even though I've got epilepsy!!

Options
Crazyraven
Crazyraven Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Posted here a couple of weeks ago about needing cataract surgery but doctors think it's too dangerous because I have epilepsy, NHS would do it with a general, feels like a sledge hammewr to crack a nut, but I tried another private hospital which has treated me well before.  Yes, hooray!!  He did question me thoroughly, but agreed a general's too much, and that I can stop seizures by taking Diaz.  And I only went this Thurs to ask for an appt, given one Fri,, unbeleivable, it'll cost but I don't care, being private they made a better eye exam finding out that I have some strange membrane as well as cataract affecting vision, it's difficult to remove so he's leaving it till I get rid of the cataract.  Hooray again!!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.