PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment

Chris8765
Chris8765 Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ Chris8765 - welcome to the community. Can we help you with a query about your PIP assessment?
  • Chris8765
    edited October 2021
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    The assessor hasn't scored you any points. The only person that can score you points is a decision maker. The report is a recommendation based on the assessors opinion of everything you sent, including your assessment. Although they do mostly go with the report, they don't always and it has been know for them to go against it.
    Once the decision's been made, if you disagree then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and then a different decision maker will look at all your evidence again and make another decision.
    Is this a first time PIP claim and did you get some expert advice before applying to see if you definitely qualify? PIP and LCWRA are 2 completely different benefits with different criteria.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chris8765
    Yes first time claiming it 

poppy123456 said:
    HI,
    The assessor hasn't scored you any points. The only person that can score you points is a decision maker. The report is a recommendation based on the assessors opinion of everything you sent, including your assessment. Although they do mostly go with the report, they don't always and it has been know for them to go against it.
    Once the decision's been made, if you disagree then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and then a different decision maker will look at all your evidence again and make another decision.
    Is this a first time PIP claim and did you get some expert advice before applying to see if you definitely qualify? PIP and LCWRA are 2 completely different benefits with different criteria.

• Chris8765
     :( they PIP used it against me in my MR that I had my covid vaccine 🤦 like how can they use my covid vaccine against me 😔 
  • poppy123456
    If a decisions been made and you’re not happy then you can request the mandatory reconsideration. (MR) You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. 
    Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    You may also want to get some expert advice to check that you can score enough points needed for an award before going any further. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chris8765
    That didn't actually answer my question  :( I did my MR and they used against me about getting covid vaccination 

poppy123456 said:
    If a decisions been made and you’re not happy then you can request the mandatory reconsideration. (MR) You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. 
    Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    You may also want to get some expert advice to check that you can score enough points needed for an award before going any further. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Chris8765 said:
     :( they PIP used it against me in my MR that I had my covid vaccine 🤦 like how can they use my covid vaccine against me 😔 
    In what way? What have they actually said? 
  • poppy123456
    I missed the MR part, apologies. Then your next step is Tribunal. It’s not unusual for the MR decision not to change. 
    Can’t answer the question about COVID vaccine being used against you because i don’t know anything about your case. Or how your conditions affect you.
    Id advise you to use the link I posted above to get some expert advice and also get representation if possible.
  • Chris8765
    They put "You were able to attend your covid vaccination despite feeling anxious. We have decided you can plan and follow a route of a journey unaided and without help."

However this is incorrect as I suffered double child abuse age 10 and 14 and I do not go anywhere alone so I cannot plan nor follow a journey unaided or without help as my dad takes me.

MarkM88 said:
    Chris8765 said:
    In what way? What have they actually said? 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Chris8765 thanks for reaching out on the forum. Have our member's replies been helpful for you? Is there anything else we can help with? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Why can't you plan and follow a journey without support? What happened the last time you attempted that activity? Just telling them you can't do this is not going to help you.
    You need to ignore what was said in the decision letter and the assessment report because that's done now. You need to move on and concentrate on the strength of your evidence.

What about daily living activities, there's 10 of those, do you think any of those apply to you? If so why do they apply? What happened the last time you attempted each activity? Spell it out to them and include the information i mentioned above.

Expert advice is needed here as advised. Please use the link i posted above to check what's local to you for this advice.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.