Hi, my name is kenco! Has anyone else struggled at work due to their disability? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kenco! Has anyone else struggled at work due to their disability?

kenco
kenco Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi all. I am new to the community. Look forward to chatting with you all. I have lots to ask but would like to get to know people first. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kenco welcome to the forum
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kenco - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I think you'll find this group both friendly & supportive, so do please ask any questions when you're ready as theirs usually someone who can help or advise. We're also very good listeners! You might like to have a look around the forum, as perhaps there's a section you'll find helpful. Please see:
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kenco

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. As you can see from the responses already provided by @Sandy_123, @janer1967, @chiarieds and @Teddybear12, we are a supportive and friendly community. Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining the Scope forum and your interests? It would be great to get to know you too. Please feel free to ask us your questions once you feel comfortable talking with us!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • kenco
    Hi all. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I’m currently at home with a chest infection so I am all netflixed out. This group is so refreshing. I have a new manager now who seems ok with my disability but the reason I initially contacted scope was because after my hip replace my old manager wouldn’t help with reasonable adjustments and I was looked down upon like a pain. Just wondered if anyone else struggled because of disability at work? Xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kenco

Thanks for your response. Oh no, sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Chest infections are never pleasant. I hope you feel better soon. What types of things did you enjoy watching on Netflix? Do you have any recommendations we might enjoy?

You can certainly communicate with people with similar experiences here on Scope's forum. In fact, we have a work and employment discussion section where you may be able to find more people with similar experiences to communicate with. If you are interested, you can find it at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/employment.

Please remember we are here for you and will support you throughout! Please feel free to keep us up to date with your progress in obtaining reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments are a legal requirement.

Take care for now and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • kenco
    Thank you. I enjoyed Good girls on netflix and seven secondary. I like crime thriller tbh. What's everyone doing today???
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    kenco said:
    Hi all. I am new to the community. Look forward to chatting with you all. I have lots to ask but would like to get to know people first. 
    hey welcome
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    kenco said:
    Thank you. I enjoyed Good girls on netflix and seven secondary. I like crime thriller tbh. What's everyone doing today???
    with my daughter and partner, you?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

I too like crime thriller are you watching Hollington drive on itv 

I'm glad your new manager is more understanding about your disability and reasonable adjustments 

There is lots of info on here about RA or look on ACAS website 

I have lots experience in HR so happy to try and help if I can 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.