I've been awarded limited capability for work. I think I owe some money. Can they take it all? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded limited capability for work. I think I owe some money. Can they take it all?

Options
kayzee67
kayzee67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, well on Monday two days ago,I finally had a telephone assesment after waiting 20 months! Today ,very quickly, it's been awarded and I will be back paid which is great as it's been a struggle and a worrying time.but the letter states if I owe them any money they can keep it to pay off the debt, now I'm worried sick again as I think I owe them some from the past that we were paying off monthly, do you know if they can keep all of it or a percentage etc, help please.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,020 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    You will only receive extra money if you were found to have LCWRA and there's no LCWRA element for a partner in with your UC.  if you were found to have LCW there's no extra money.
    If you have a debt then yes they can recover the money from any backdated money they owe.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kayzee67
    kayzee67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, it came through backdated bfor twenty months and no money taken from it and now I'm receiving a monthly amount, great result in the end!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.