I'm on LCWRA and in ESA Support Group. Can I work for 16 hours per week?

Options
Jlee
Jlee Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am on lwcra with uc and ESA support group contribution based can i work for 16 hrs and still get my uc and esa payments 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,313 Championing
    Options
    As you're claiming New style ESA as well then you must make sure you work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than £143 per week. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-and-support-allowance-permitted-work-form/permitted-work-factsheet
    Do also be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're in the Support Group/LCWRA then you could be reassessed early and the decision could go against you.
    You also need to tell ESA that you're working and also report the changes onto your journal for UC.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Options
    Jlee said:
    I am on lwcra with uc and ESA support group contribution based can i work for 16 hrs and still get my uc and esa payments 
    If you do work 16 hours or earn over £143/week the ESA will stop but the UC continues. As the ESA is deducted from the UC this makes no difference to the total amount of benefit income you receive as long as you remain eligible for UC. However should, for some reason, your UC entitlement end you may will be unlikely to be able to claim ESA again because you probably will not meet the NI conditions.