UC50 Chada GP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC50 Chada GP

FireTiger
FireTiger Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, 

I posted my completed UC50 capability questionnaire at the beginning of November 2021 and just called the Chada helpline for an update.

To my horror, I was informed that they have never received a form from me and that they have contacted my GP for comment.

The adviser went on to say that I wouldn't need to post another form as all they need is for my GP to respond to their request(?)

This doesn't make sense to me as I'm wondering how will they know what needs to be confirmed by my GP if they don't have my completed application form with the detailed breakdown of how my condition affects me?!

I asked him again to confirm if I dont need to fill out, print and post another form (not to mention extra evidence) again. The adviser responded that I should post another one out so they have something on their system.

My question is, how can they make a decision on my capability for work without a completed capability questionnaire from me?

Do they make awards without a completed questionnaire and based solely off the GP's commentary?

Thanks in advance team. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    If you kept a copy (which you should have) of the form you returned then you can print this off and return that. If you didn't keep a copy then there's one here which you can fill in and return.
    To answer your question about returned forms, they are usually very strict about returning this form no later than the deadline, otherwise you risk being found fit for work for failing to return the form. There are some exceptions to this, if you have mental health issues.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FireTiger
    Hi Poppy,

I did save a copy of the completed form to my computer and posted the questionairre well within the deadline. 
  • poppy123456
    Then send them another copy of the form. Make sure you send it to the correct address because all areas will be different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • FireTiger
    I will be reposting if again as a contingency. Although it was sent to the free post address that they had provided.

Would you know if they have ever made decisions without the form before? I ask because the Chda adviser stated that they dont need it and are awaiting feedback from my GP?
  • poppy123456
    FireTiger said:

Would you know if they have ever made decisions without the form before? I ask because the Chda adviser stated that they dont need it and are awaiting feedback from my GP?

I'm sure they have but personally, i would always prefer to send one in even for a review. If this is your first work capability assessment then even more reason to want to send one.
  • FireTiger
    edited December 2021
    Yes, this is my first time. I'll be posting it out to them again. It's just very frustrating to have the post get lost. I will try to find out who to contact about that as it's completely unprofessional.

Appreciate you, Poppy.
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, post gets lost all the time.
  • bex49
    bex49 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi , make sure they did not receive it ! The dwp are excellent at lying about things like that .. ask chda directly and ask if they do magically find  your application what date is it date stamped ., I’ve just been through all this and they had my form all along ., do not take there word for it !! Please investigate or complain for Maladministration if they find it . 
    Email customer service at Chda uk or ring them , they have a better attitude tan the Dwp !! 
    Never ever take their word they lost it !! Honestly they probably have it 🤦‍♀️
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    bex49 said:
    Email customer service at Chda uk or ring them , 
    Just for clarity contact information is here:

https://www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us
  • poppy123456
    bex49 said:
    Hi , make sure they did not receive it ! The dwp are excellent at lying about things like that
    Work capability assessment forms are sent straight to CHDAUK so it's nothing to do with DWP.

• FireTiger
    edited December 2021
    I called CHDAUK again and spoke to a different adviser who also stated that they hadn't received my initial application. He gave me an address that goes directly to them instead of the intermediary mail sorting centre and I've posted it recorded delivery.

I was reassured that there wouldn't be any additional delay and that I will keep my place in the 'queue'.
  • FireTiger
    Thanks Mike - I appreciate your feedback.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.