If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is lee1306! I passed my tribunal case in which I was awarded mobility and daily living

Options
lee1306
lee1306 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, on the 9th Nov 2021 I passed my tribunal case in which I was awarded mobility and daily living. Currently now on 4th Jan 2022 I'm still waiting on sdp and disability premium to pay back my arrears. They keep palming me off with excuse after excuse everytime I ring for an update. Any advice would be very much appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Is the PIP award now in payment? May i ask what other benefits you currently claim? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lee1306
    Options
    Hi poppy, yes the pip payments are up and running. Other benefits I'm on are income support and child tax credits 
  • lee1306
    Options
    Disability premium started paying me £70 a fortnight from a month ago and that's been it
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Backdated money comes separately,
    which may take a while because if backlogs. There’s also been closing days for Christmas and New year, which wouldn’t have helped. 
    All you can do is give Income Support another ring to ask for an update.
    for the SDP you must the only adult living in your house, if there’s other adults they must also be receiving a qualify disability benefit or be registered blind. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium
    Under normal circumstances a claim for SDP can take a few weeks sometimes longer, especially if you claimed by filling out the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lee1306
    Options
    I do have an 18yr old son claiming universal credit living at home with me but even so they should pay me the arrears before he turned 18, it's a nightmare all this
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lee1306

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, thanks for joining and making your first discussion, although I'm sorry to hear about the delays you've had with receiving the money.

Hopefully it arrives soon and that will put your mind at ease, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy taking part in the community, it's a very supportive place so I'm sure you'll settle in nicely :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.