If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP back payment effect on other benefits

Options
MissMarple
MissMarple Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
I'm having my PIP assessment in a few weeks. I'm currently getting ESA support group and Universal Credit LCWRA. I understand that PIP does not count as income and it should not have an impact on UC payments.  However, if PIP awarded, due to the several months passed since my application I'm expecting a huge amount of back payment. If I need to go for MR or tribunal, that's several thousands  of pounds appearing in my bank account overnight. What if I go beyond the £16.000 savings threshold because of this back payment? I would like to use PIP on an electric wheelchair and other expensive things that I can't afford without PIP, but would getting PIP mean I'll lose my other benefits?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any money that's owed if you're successfully awarded is disregarded for 1 year so it doesn't affect your UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissMarple
    MissMarple Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    That's great news. Thanks @poppy123456 :smile:
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.