PIP ASSESSMENT. It took 3 hours, is this normal? When will they receive an update?

Options
bpdhelp
bpdhelp Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello

I supported my friend with his PIP Assessment. It took three hours. Is this normal? When will they receive an update?

Thanks

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,121 Connected
    Options
    Assessment length varies. A decision is typically made anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks. 
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community member Posts: 191 Empowering
    Options
    Hi,
    how are you?
    it is normal,(for me) for the form to take a while to fill out. The waiting time can range between a few weeks to a few months before an answer is received. PIP may also require an assessment, as this is helps in making decisions, but it is not always the case. 
    I hopes this helps
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,121 Connected
    Options
    Poppy_ said:
    Hi,
    how are you?
    it is normal,(for me) for the form to take a while to fill out. The waiting time can range between a few weeks to a few months before an answer is received. PIP may also require an assessment, as this is helps in making decisions, but it is not always the case. 
    I hopes this helps
    Sounds like they have already had their assessment. 
  • bpdhelp
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    Poppy_ said:
    Hi,
    how are you?
    I hopes this helps
    Sounds like they have already had their assessment. 
    Yes, the assessment was three hours. Which was long but the person covered a lot and was really good.
  • bpdhelp
    Options
    Poppy_ said:
    Hi,
    how are you?
    I hopes this helps

Thank you :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Options
    I'm glad the assessment wasn't too bad for either of you @bpdhelp :) Fingers crossed it's not too long until your friend hears back! Please do keep us updated if you can.