LCWRA. Had my telephone assessment today. What happens now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. Had my telephone assessment today. What happens now?

Options
hannahx2021
hannahx2021 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I've had my telephone assessment today. 
We got through 2 out of 3 of my health disabilities and he said he didn't need any more info. Is this a good sign? 
I put in my 1st sick note in May 2021, and my questionnaire in June 2021. This is my assessment today via phone call. What will happen now? Is they any more assessments and roughly how long will it take for a decision. 
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    All it means is they had all the information they needed.
    Your report will now be written and returned to DWP. A decision maker will look at that and all the other evidence you sent and make a decision.
    If it’s Universal Credit you’re claiming once the decision is made a letter will be uploaded onto your journal. Some people have a decision as quickly as a few days, others wait several weeks. 
    If you’re found to have LCWRA and you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already has this element on your claim then you’ll receive backdated money from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your Heath condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There should be no more assessment as long as a decision can be made based on evidence and assessment 

A decision can take from 2 to 12 weeks sometimes longer 

If awarded lcwra you will get payment from the 4th full assessment period after reporting the condition and providing continuous fit notes with no gaps 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The assessor will send a report to DWP (probably today). You may have to wait up to 12 weeks for a DWP decision which is made by a Decision Maker who is supposed to look at your original submission, any evidence you submitted or has been gathered and the assessment report.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Gcloud
    Gcloud Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hopefully you didn't do what I did and hide a lot of the facts about your condition through fear of them stopping your claim, mine was/is a nightmare. I thought that the LCW assessment could/would assess if you should get UC so i lied about some stuff so I could still claim, had no idea what the hell it was tbh well i didnt lie i just didnt say how bad things are for me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.