Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is anitams1960! Currently stressing over my PIP review

Options
anitams1960
anitams1960 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Thank you for letting me join your forum

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,660 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anitams1960 welcome to the forum.  Join in with topics. Plenty to natter about.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,162 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anitams1960 - thank you for joining us all. I hope you find this forum both friendly & supportive. Please let us know if we can help you in any way.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @anitams1960

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, it's a pleasure to have you join us and I hope you enjoy taking part here. This is a very warm, supportive place so I would encourage you to have a browse and get involved wherever you'd like.

We have numerous categories of discussion, which can be accessed via this page, and that includes our virtual coffee lounge where we play games and have general chit chat, so I would certainly advise having a gander in there.

Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • anitams1960
    Options
    I am 61 with ms & arthritis. Currently stressing over pip review. Sent forms late December. Wondering how long before I hear anything.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community. 
    The results of the PIP review can vary, it can be around a few months, or it can be a few weeks. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,061 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    There are huge backlogs for PIP at the moment. We have members on here that are still waiting several months after returning the form.
    You should expect another assessment as most people have them even for reviews. Paper based assessment are possible but rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anitams1960
    Options
    Thank you, last assessment was at home so wasn't too bad. Thank you for info. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,061 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most are still being done through telephone, some are face to face. Home assessments haven't taken place since before the pendemic.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anitams1960
    Options
    When we have long term conditions, backed up by consultants letters. Wouldn't you think they could save so much time by fast tracking & concentrating on assessing new applications.  I have ms, would love to recover & start skipping around the place lol. 
    Thank you for the info.
  • anitams1960
    Options
    You are right, I'm just frustrated to have to go through the performance again when it's obvious from my notes that my condition deteriorates not improves over time. Thanks for the info.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.